Dredging Training Course Starts This Month in Delft
The two-day training course named Environmental Aspects of Dredging will take place on May 28-29, 2015, at the UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education in Delft, the Netherlands, the largest international postgraduate water education facility in the world.
This course, organized by Stichting PostAcademisch Onderwijs (PAO), Central Dredging Association (CEDA) and IADC, will cover the scope and importance of the environmental aspects of dredging projects, the management of dredged material and the typical legislative conditions and controls imposed by international conventions and regional agencies.
In addition to presentations of the subjects, participants will be challenged in case studies to apply the principals discussed.
- Introduction and frameworks;
- Projects and effects;
- Workshop on projects and effects;
- Dredging equipment;
- Workshop on environmental dredging technology.
- Dredged material management;
- Impact and investigations;
- Workshop on an environmental project;
- Philosophies and the future.