Mumbai Dredging Event Begins Next Week
Dredge India 2015, an international dredging conference, will take place on 11 June, 2015 in Trident Hotel, BKC, Mumbai.
This event, focusing sharply on emerging opportunities and constraints, will bring together port and inland waterway owners, dredging contractors, equipment suppliers and consultants, dredger designers and builders on a mutually beneficial meeting ground.
“This is a time for growth. Depths need to be created and maintained. The PPP route, highly in favor today, presents immense business opportunities to Indian and overseas players,” Institution of Naval Architects, the event organizers, stated.
Issues and Concerns
- Assured depths in inland waterways and minor and non-major ports – constraints and low cost solutions;
- Opportunities in the PPT model and correlation to Make in India;
- Design and construction of shallow draft dredgers;
- HRD, training, maintenance;
- Role of consultants and engineers;
- Pre tender investigations, finance models and other contractual issues;
- Machinery & Equipment – latest developments.