CLRA Reclamation Conference in October
- Business & Finance
The 8th Annual Atlantic Reclamation Conference, organized by the Canadian Land Reclamation Association (CLRA), Atlantic Chapter, will take place on October 20-21, in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
The Atlantic Chapter of the Canadian Land Reclamation Association/Association Canadienne de Réhabilitation des sites Dégradés (CLRA/ACRSD) is an important player in bringing together people, ideas, and technology involved in reclaiming the earth in Atlantic Canada.
Themes of the conference:
- Brownfield Reclamation Issues (socio economic, stabilization, etc.);
- Community Liaison and Involvement in Remediation;
- Watercourse and Wetland Restoration;
- Fish Habitat and Passage Restoration;
- Storm Water Management– Zero Impact Design;
- End Use Planning (Prevention);
- Marine and Coastal Protection and Restoration;
- Restoration Impacts on Endangered and Native Species;
- Remediation Case Studies;
- Assessment and Remediation in Special Environments;
- Climate Change Adaptation – Effects on Monitoring Data;
- Contaminated Site Regulations;
- Sustainable Re-vegetation;
- Long Term Monitoring and Maintenance;
- Mine Closure Planning;
- Mine and Military Reclamation Issues;
- Municipal/regional planning flood control;
- Rejuvenation / restoration of degraded buildings at former industrial areas.