Dredging in India Starts Tomorrow
The Taj Palace Hotel in Mumbai will host the 6th Annual Conference ‘Dredging in India’ on September 1-2, 2015.
The conference is being organized by India Infrastructure Publishing, a provider of information on the infrastructure sectors through magazines, newsletters, reports and conferences.
“This event is a well-established annual event in India focused on the Dredging Industry. It is the only international level conference that highlights the sector challenges and issues,” said Ms. Megha Apte, the conference manager.
“The two-day conference garners participation from both multinational and national level companies. The key stakeholders represent policymakers, major ports, contractors, dredging technology providers, design consultants, equipment manufacturers, sector analysts, etc.”
The tentative agenda:
- Key trends and outlook;
- Government perspective;
- Industry perspective;
- Contracting practices;
- Tax and regulatory issues;
- Type of contracts: Use and relevance;
- Survey and investigation techniques;
- Dredger building;
- Dredging at key ports;
- Environmental effects of dredging activities;
- Project showcase;
- Promise of technology;
- Dredging in inland waterways;
- Management of dredged material;
- Innovations in designing dredgers;
- Dredging of rivers/canals/lakes.