Ringaskiddy Port Redevelopment Project Announced
The Port of Cork Company has just introduced a plan for the Ringaskiddy Port redevelopment project.
The proposed works comprise the construction of the marine and civil engineering infrastructure elements for a new container terminal and multi-purpose berth at Ringaskiddy Port.
The Port of Cork will use the negotiated procedure for the award of this contract.
This planned redevelopment in Ringaskiddy is designed to integrate closely with the achievement of the strategy for the sustainable development of the Cork Region and Hinterland.
Key elements of this EUR 45 million development scheme will include:
- Quay wall structures including marine piling;
- Dredging in overburden and rock to a depth of -13.0m Chart Datum (CD);
- Reclamation and shore protection;
- Quay deck surfacing and quayside crane foundations including piling;
- Heavy duty surfacing of existing port lands for use as operational container handling areas;
- Site services including electrical supply, drainage, waste water and high mast lighting;
- Maintenance building, administrative buildings and entrance kiosks with associated parking and services;
- Improvements to the external road junction at the entrance to Ringaskiddy Port;
- Road construction and improvement works within the port area.
The works will also include the construction of a new public pier, slipway and boarding platform with associated parking areas, landscaping and services.
Initial anticipated start date of award of procedures is February 2016.