Kystverket Invites Bids for Kvalsundet Dredging
The Norwegian Coastal Administration – Kystverket has invited bidders to submit their offers for the Kvalsundet channel deepening project in Tromsø.
Kvalsundet is a strait in the municipality of Tromsø in Troms, Norway. The strait has a length of about twenty kilometers and separates the island of Kvaløya from Ringvassøya.
The contract will include deepening of four areas in Kvalsundet, which mainly comprise rock or solid glacial deposit masses, and they will be deepened to 11.3 m and 12.3 m depth respectively.
This dredging contract will include the following options:
- Option for the establishment of sub-filling for a encompass pier at Breivika in Tromsø;
- Option for the establishment of a sub-filling for the encompass pier with i.a masses from the deepening in Kvalsundet;
- Option for transport of masses from the deepening area to the encompass pier in Breivika in Tromsø;
- Option for transport of masses from the deepening area to the seabed deposit in Tromsøsundet;
- Option for transport of masses from the deepening area to the seabed deposit in Tromsøsundet.
The deadline for this tender is February 24, 2016.