Preparations in Full Swing for the 21st World Dredging Congress
- Business & Finance
Western Dredging Association (WEDA) is gearing up for the 21st World Dredging Congress and Exposition (WODCON XXI) that will take place in Miami this June.
Considered the most important and anticipated event for dredging professionals worldwide, WODCON is the only global event dedicated exclusively to dredging and maritime construction.
WODCON XXI will feature an outstanding technical program with 120 papers and numerous focused panels for dredging related developments and projects from around the world.
In addition, there will be plenty of opportunities to connect with others in the industry at the various social events and functions occurring throughout the week.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Four pre-conference continuing education short courses – Monday June 13th;
- 80+ exhibitors from around the world, showcasing the latest dredging technologies and equipment;
- A “Welcome to Miami” themed Ice Breaker Reception inside the 28,000 square foot Riverfront Expo Hall;
- Opening Plenary, focusing on “Dredging in Florida” with dignitary speakers from US Army Corps of Engineers;
- Keynote Luncheon with a special guest speaker – Tuesday June 14th;
- Young WODA Social – Tuesday June 14th;
- Evening Harbor Cruise Cocktail Reception onboard the 170-foot long Lady Windridge yacht – Wednesday June 15th;
- WODCON GALA Dinner & Awards Ceremony inside the James L. Knight Center – Thursday June 16th;
- Safety and Environmental Commission programs;
- Post Conference Technical Tour of the Port of Miami.
The conference will take place at the Hyatt Regency Miami from June 13-17, 2016.