Royal IHC delivered the trailing suction hopper dredger Mahury to Baggerbedrijf de Boer – Dutch Dredging on February 18, 2016.
The 1,840m3 twin-screw TSHD was built at IHC’s partner shipyard, MTG Dolphin, in Varna, Bulgaria.
The Mahury was successfully launched on 14 August and named on 29 October 2015 in Varna. It is the fourth TSHD of Baggerbedrijf de Boer – Dutch Dredging built by IHC, following the Albatros, Amazone and Lesse.
- Length: approx. 75m;
- Breadth: 13.4m;
- Depth: 4.1m;
- Draught at dredging mark I, dredging within 15 miles from shore: approx. 3.48m
- Draught at dredging mark II, dredging within 8 miles from shore: approx. 3.80m;
- Hopper capacity at highest overflow level: approx. 1,840m3;
- Inside diameter of trailing suction pipe: 600mm;
- Dredging depth: 30m;
- Total installed power: approx. 2,440kW;
- Trial speed: approx. 9.3knots;
- Accommodation: 9 people.