International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation in Singapore
The International Association of Dredging Companies has announced that their International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation will be held in Singapore, 17-21 October 2016.
To optimize the chances of the successful completion of a project, contracting parties should, from the start, fully understand the requirements of a dredging project.
This five-day course strives to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops, partly conducted on-site in order to give the “students” hands-on experience.
An important feature of the IADC seminars is a trip to visit a dredging project being executed in the given geographical area. This gives the participants the opportunity to see dredging equipment in action and to gain a better feeling of the extent of a dredging activity.
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.
Highlights of the program:
- The need for dredging/project phasing;
- Dredging equipment;
- Includes a site visit to a dredging project;
- Production, tender, hydraulic fills;
- Cost pricing, survey;