CEDA Webinar: Sedimentation Process in TSHD
- Business & Finance
A Central Dredging Association’s (CEDA) Dredging Technology Webinar, under the name ‘The sedimentation process in a TSHD’, is scheduled for 15 November, 2016, from 14:00-15:00 hrs (CEST).
The presenter, Prof. Dr. Ir. Cees van Rhee, is full Professor of Dredging Engineering at the Delft university of Technology. He obtained his PhD degree in 2002.
His main scientific achievements are modelling of highly concentrated sediment water flows and high velocity erosion of granular sediments.
This webinar is the 4th webinar in the CEDA Series of Webinars on Dredging Technology.
It will cover the following topics:
- Intro TSHD hopper settling and flow field in the hopper;
- Definitions and factors influencing overflow losses;
- Settling velocity of particles:
a. Influence of concentration
b. Influence of Particle Size Distribution (PSD)
- Sedimentation velocity;
- Camps model to calculate overflow loss and the influence on the PSD in the hopper;
- Short overview 1DV and 2DV models.