Seminar on Dredging and Land Reclamation in Delft
The International Association of Dredging Companies’ (IADC) Seminar on Dredging and Land Reclamation will be held from Monday, 26 June, through Friday, 30 June, 2017, at UNESCO-IHE, Delft, the Netherlands.
Since 1993, IADC, often in co-operation with local technical universities, has provided a week-long seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries.
These intensive courses have been successfully presented in the Netherlands, Singapore, Dubai, Argentina, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Brazil, IADC said.
As is appropriate to a dynamic industry, the seminar program is continually updated. In addition to basic dredging methods, new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques are explained at IADC seminars.
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.
An important feature of the seminars is a trip to visit a dredging project being executed in the given geographical area. This gives the participants the opportunity to see dredging equipment in action and to gain a better feeling of the extent of a dredging activity, IADC said.