MRC Schedules Mississippi River Inspection Trip
- Business & Finance
The Mississippi River Commission (MRC) will conduct its annual high-water inspection trip on the Mississippi River from April 16-20, 2018, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New Orleans District, said in its latest release.
Four public meetings have been scheduled aboard the Motor Vessel MISSISSIPPI in selected towns along the river so commission members have the opportunity to meet with local partners, stakeholders and residents and hear their concerns, ideas and issues.
The meeting places, dates and times are as follows:
- April 16, 9:00 a.m., New Madrid, Missouri (City Front);
- April 17, 9:00 a.m., Memphis, Tennessee (Beale Street Landing);
- April 18, 9:00 a.m., Greenville, Mississippi (City Front);
- April 20, 9:00 a.m., New Orleans, Louisiana (New Orleans District Dock).
All meetings are open to the public.
USACE said that interested parties are invited to present views on matters affecting the water resources infrastructure needs in the valley, including flood control, the Mississippi River and Tributaries project, environmental issues, recreation, navigation and others.
The agenda for each public meeting will be as follows:
- The president of the commission provides a summary report on national and regional issues affecting the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and commission programs and projects on the Mississippi River and its tributaries;
- The district commander provides an overview for the commission on current project issues in the respective area;
- Local organizations and members of the public provide comments on any issue affecting the commission and the Corps of Engineers’ programs or projects.