IADC Dredging Seminar in Delft
- Business & Finance
The International Association of Dredging Companies (IADC) will this month host the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, Delft, the Netherlands.
According to IADC, the seminar will be held from Monday, 25 June, through Friday, 29 June, 2018.
For (future) decision makers and their advisers in governments, port and harbor authorities, offshore companies and other organizations that have to execute dredging projects, the International Association of Dredging Companies organizes the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation.
The topics to be covered at the event include:
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.