Royal IHC’s General Dredging Course Set for September
Royal IHC said in its latest announcement that their General Dredging Course is set to take place on September 10-21, 2018, in Kinderdijk, the Netherlands.
This intensive two-week program will feature several excursions, a guest lecture about the Port of Rotterdam and a one-day simulator experience on an IHC Beaver cutter suction dredger.
The course is designed for both technical and non-technical management professionals in dredging-related industries.
The following topics will be covered during the two-week training:
- Different dredging applications within a port;
- Dredge project phases;
- Dredging equipment types and boundaries for their use;
- Scoping site conditions;
- Fundamentals of hydrographic surveying;
- Dredge project management including costs and contracts;
- Fundamentals of hydraulic transportation and dredge pumps;
- Environmental aspects of dredging.
The training is designed for professionals on management level in dredging related industries. It will be beneficial for people working for governments, port and harbor authorities, offshore companies, construction companies, dredging contractors and other organisations.