Ingeteam Completes Work on Jan De Nul TSHD Trio
Ingeteam has successfully completed a contract signed with Jan De Nul Group for the engineering and commissioning of the main electrical power package of three trailing suction hopper dredges, called Ultra-Low Emission vessels (ULEv), built at Keppel Nantong shipyard in China.
All three vessels have a capacity of 3,500m³ and are diesel-electrical powered, all major drives are electrically driven, and controlled by means of frequency converters, with engines allowing optimal use of generated power but with low fuel consumption and emissions.
In addition, these Ultra-Low Emission vessels are equipped with a two stage highly efficient exhaust gas filter system, resulting in emissions complying with the European Stage V regulations for inland waterway vessels.
The use of these dredgers will enable dredging projects to be completed with the lowest levels of emissions to date, said Ingeteam.
Their scope of work comprises the electrical system integration, construction supervision, calculations and engineering, commissioning and sea trials of the following equipment:
- 3000kW INDAR motor and Ingedrive AFE LV400 water cooled for dredge pump;
- 750kW motor and Ingedrive AFE LV400 water cooled for HP Jet Pump;
- 192 kW motor and Ingedrive AFE LV400 air cooled for LP Jet Pump;
- 2 of 1100 kW INDAR motor and Ingedrive AFE LV400 water cooled for main propulsion;
- 350 kW motor and Ingedrive AFE LV400 air cooled for bow thruster.