The Netherlands: Wagenborg Launches Barge 8
In Nanjing, China, Wagenborg Barge 8 was launched on March 13th. This barge, equipped with a pump-system, has a loading capacity of 13.000 ton and she measures 100 x 33 x 7,60 metre. Wagenborg Barge 8, the fourth barge Veka Shipyards B.V., Werkendam has delivered to Wagenborg Sleepdienst, will be put into service end of this year.
Wagenborg Projects & Logistics is the expertise centre of Wagenborg and is a specialist in international project forwarding. By making intelligent, efficient, and quick links between our divisions, you always find a solution under one roof. For each transport chain you only need one point of contact – Wagenborg Projects and Logistics.
– Protect and package goods,
– Supervision, monitoring,
– Time planning for integrated deliveries,
– Customs formalities and
– Additional documentation.
– Transporting parts of a gas-turbine power station in Huntstown, Ireland. Components with exceptional dimensions were collected from various European countries, including Romania.
– Machines and construction elements for a starch factory in the USA; shipped from the manufacturing site in the Netherlands to the final construction site in Maine, USA.
– Transporting heavy ship’s engines to a shipyard in Italy, including unloading from a coaster and driving them to their destination at the shipyard.
– A brewery in parts, including tanks of exceptionally large dimensions, was shipped from the Netherlands to a construction site in Latvia.
– Shipping and unloading a tug with a floating crane in the port of Busan, South Korea.
Source: wagenborg, March 22, 2011