The Netherlands: HvS Dredging Support BV to Expand Its Fleet with New Zwerver III
HvS Dredging Support BV, marine support company from Harlingen (The Netherlands) announces, in addition to their current Support Vessel “Zwerver I”, a new unique Multi Purpose DP-1 Support Vessel is built, which will be called “Zwerver III”. The vessel is especially designed for supporting Wind farm-/Renewable Energy-, Offshore installation- and dredging projects.
HvS Dredging Support BV is responsible for the design and the vessel is further developed, in close cooperation, by “Scheepswerf Gebr. Kooiman BV” Zwijndrecht, who is also the constructor of the vessel.
The vessel enters a new class of “Support Vessels”, which makes her able to compete with larger AHTS/Supply-/Support vessels in the market worldwide.
This design includes many specific features which are not introduced before on this kind of Support Vessels. These features make her perfectly suitable for the “Renewable Energy Market”:
• Dimensions: 35 m x 15 m
• Powerful Bollard Pull of over 50 Tons
• A minimum shallow draught of 2.70 m
• Accommodation on board for more than 12 persons.
• 2 Large Anchor-handling/towing winches of 100 and 200 Tons pull capacity
• 2 Knuckle-boom cranes of 370 Tm with a reach of 20 m
• 3 Tugger winches of 15 T pull
• New unique feature: the hydraulic operated bow-door which protects deck cargo against flushing of the decks in rough weather; a serious problem that occurs frequently in today’s market support vessels.
The “Zwerver III” is scheduled to be delivered in November 2011.
HvS Dredging Support BV, owned by Hans van Stee and Arjan van Stee, has served over 30 years many offshore and dredging contractors on their projects worldwide. These projects contain jobs like anchor-handling, towing/pushing, barge-handling, wind turbine-access/maintenance, pipe-/cable lay-barge assistance and so on. The current vessel “Zwerver I” has proven her qualities in this area since 2007.
Source: hvsds, April 28, 2011;