CARIS 2014: Call for Presentations (France)
CARIS, a leader in the development of marine GIS software, has announced the acceptance of abstracts for CARIS 2014, the 15th International User Group Conference, which will be held June 2-5, 2014 in Brest, France.
Under the conference theme, Developing the Blue Economy, CARIS 2014 will celebrate the work of its users. Proposals should focus on case studies, accomplishments and application solutions relevant to CARIS software with a specific emphasis on the four pillars of the Ping-to-Chart product suite: data processing, data analysis, chart production and discovery.
– Bathymetric processing
– Autonomous data collection and processing
– Water column analysis
– Side scan, backscatter and image processing
– New uses of bathymetric data
– Hydrographic databases
– Emerging data standards (e.g. S-100, SSDM)
– ENC and paper chart production
– Nautical publications
– Port and waterway engineering
– Maritime boundaries delineation
– Bathymetric and oceanographic data management
– Land and sea integration
– 3-D data analysis
– Bathymetry on the web
– Marine Spatial Data Infrastructure
– OGC standards for sharing marine data
– Crowdsourcing in the hydrographic domain.
The abstract submission deadline is January 31, 2014. A complimentary conference session only registration will be extended to the primary speaker for each presentation selected.
Press Release, November 15, 2013