Cornwall Council has announced the details about the St Mary’s Harbour development program.
This project, located at the Isles of Scilly, will include the following works:
– Development of the design in accordance with the Council’s requirements to construction stage including further surveys and investigations;
– Construction of quay extension (approx. 23m) and localised widening (reclamation) including demolition of an existing sea wall and reuse of this material;
– Building demolitions, construction and modifications to create enhanced passenger and freight handling facilities including associated electrical and mechanical engineering;
– Pedestrian footway works;
– Associated drainage, services, lighting, traffic signs and road markings in connection with the harbour improvement works.
The cost of this development program is between £9 mln and £12 mln, and the tender deadline is January 13, 2014.
Dredging Today Staff, December 13, 2013