Kongsberg Mesotech’s M3 Sonar is designed for both imaging and profiling applications and the multibeam technology enables faster operations than traditional scanning sonar and provides a large coverage area for data acquisition and a real-time data display.
The M3 Sonar is suitable for a variety of deployment platforms, including remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), pole mounted on a vessel, or mounted on a tripod.
Exclusive to the M3 Sonar is the multimode capability that, in addition to standard imaging and profiling, features a unique enhanced image quality (eIQ) mode designed to provide image quality comparable to high-resolution scanning sonars. With four pre-defined operating modes, the M3 Sonar delivers application capability not found in any other system.
– Imaging: Long-range navigation with a fast update rate;
– Enhanced Image Quality (eIQ): Greatest image quality from a short range with a slightly slower update rate;
– ROV navigation: Automatically selects eIQ or imaging based on range;
– Profiling: Optimized split beam profiling for bathymetric surveys.
M3 Sonar software features
– Bathymetry and 3D point cloud profiling;
– Automated GeoTIFF exports for image mosaics;
– Dual head synchronization abilities;
– Can be integrated with third party software such as HYPACK, EIVA, QINSy and Caris for real-time profile data acquisition and post-processing.
The M3 Sonar is easy to use and operate; the multimode capability allows the operator to quickly switch from one operating mode to another. By combining the capability of multiple sonar heads into a single compact housing that performs three types of sonar, the M3 can be used for profiling, forward imaging and side imaging.
Press Release, December 18, 2013