The Port Finance International’s African Port Opportunities 2014 conference is scheduled for 28 – 29 January 2014, in Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, London.
This highly focused event will investigate the challenges ahead – as well as placing a strong focus on the impact of these developments and their wider implications.
PFI London 2014 will place a spotlight on the key drivers and inhibitors to expansion and development across Africa’s ports.
Key topics to be co vered will include:
• Market intelligence on Africa’s ports expansion and development;
• Investment opportunities in the region;
• Port PPPs investment & financing;
• Expectations from exporters and shipping lines;
• Infrastructure requirements for success;
• Competition or collaboration?;
• Transport capacity and efficiency planning;
• Ports and logistics planning – happy bedfellows?;
• Managing the bottlenecks;
• What effects will the mega carriers/P3 Alliance have?;
• Opportunities for re-design/expansion of existing ports and terminals;
• Building sustainability into port operations;
• Integrating ports, inland terminals and logistics networks to improve supply chain performance;
• Integrated port solutions – innovative solutions to operational challenges;
• Technologies for efficiency and optimisation in terminals;
• Complex IT project implementation.
Dredging Today Staff, December 27, 2013