The Honourable Peter MacKay, Regional Minister for Nova Scotia, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, on behalf of the Honourable Gail Shea, Minister of Fisheries and Oceans, yesterday announced $3.5 million to support improvement projects at five small craft harbors in Nova Scotia.
This is part of the Government of Canada’s investment of approximately $106 million in repair, construction, maintenance and dredging projects across Canada. This includes $66 million in regular annual funding and an additional $40 million over two years, as announced in Economic Action Plan 2014.
The $3.5 million in funding for this year will support the following projects:
– Completion of wharf repairs and start of a multiyear construction of a breakwater wharf at Caribou Ferry (Fishermen’s Facilities);
– Reconstruction of the east breakwater at Cribbons Point, over two years;
– Completion of wharf repairs and construction of a new service area at Eastern Passage;
– Construction of two service areas and launching ramp, installation of floating wharves and dredging at Port Bickerton East;
– Reconstruction of the west wharf at Sonora, over two years.
Other Nova Scotia Small Craft Harbors projects will be announced at a later date.
Press Release, July 31, 2014