Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc. (ESG) and Weeks Marine, Inc. (WMI) have signed a contract to complete the construction of Trailing Suction Hopper Dredger, the Magdalen.
The contract for the 356’ twin screw trailing suction hopper dredger that will be constructed at Eastern’s Allanton Panama City, Florida facility, was signed on Friday, March 27th 2015.
Named the WMI 475 Magdalen (ESG Hull 256), the design and detailed engineering and the dredging equipment are provided by Dredge Technology Corporation (DTC), a member of the IHC Merwede International Group.
This trailing suction hopper dredger will be delivered in 2017.
WMI 475 Magdalen features the following characteristics:
- Dimensions (Overall): 356’ x 79’-6”’x 27’-3”
- Horsepower: (2) 5682 BHP
- Main Engines: (2) GE 16V250
- Main Shaft Generators: (2) 3400kW
- Auxiliary Generator: (1) GE 6L250 (1423kW)
- Emergency Generator: (1) Caterpillar C18 (600kW)
- Classification: Lloyd’s Register, 100A1 Hopper Dredger, LMC, UMS
- Flag & Regulatory: USA, USCG
- Hopper Capacity: 8,550 yd³
- LD Dredge Pump Power: (2) @ 1600kW
- HD Dredge Pump Power: (1) @ 1600kW
- Jet Pump Power: (2) @ 445kW
- Bow Thruster: (1) 730kW VFD Fixed Pitch Tunnel Unit