About 214 million cubic meters of water-saturated sand have been removed so far from the New Suez Canal project, according to the head of the Suez Canal Authority, Mohab Mamish.
This figure represents almost 82.7 pct of the targeted 258 million cubic meters, Mamish said. The executive director of dredging works at the project, Wagdi Zaki, said that about 38 dredgers were deployed in the waterway.
The Egypt’s New Suez Canal opening ceremony is scheduled to take place on August 6.
Today, we are bringing you the latest photos of the dredging vessels currently involved in this capital project: