REFORM Event Starts Tomorrow
The EU FP7-project Restoring Rivers for Effective Catchment Management (REFORM) will host an international conference on Novel Approaches to Assess and Rehabilitate Modified Rivers.
The conference will take place in Wageningen, the Netherlands, from 30 June to 2 July 2015.
The purpose of the conference is to enlarge awareness of the need and appreciation for the benefits of river rehabilitation.
It will serve as a platform to present and discuss aspirations, challenges, analytical frameworks and novel approaches to improve the understanding of the causes and consequences of hydromorphological degradation and to enhance river rehabilitation.
The conference topics include:
- assessment and rehabilitation of hydromorphological processes in rivers;
- discerning the impact of hydromorphological modification from other stressors;
- achievements by restoration and mitigation practices;
- how to improve the (cost-)effectiveness of river rehabilitation?;
- benefits of river rehabilitation and synergies with other uses (flood protection, navigation, agriculture, hydropower);
- linking science to practice: tools to assess river status and guide rehabilitation to optimize river basin management.