Royal IHC, a Dutch company specializing in shipbuilding and equipment for maritime construction, is currently building two 895kW container booster stations for stock and rental.
According to the company, the move follows high demand for immediate delivery of high-quality dredging equipment in the market.
“The large demand for standardized cutter suction dredgers proves that immediate delivery of high-quality dredging equipment is highly appreciated in the dredging market,” said Product Director, Kees Jan Verkaik.
“The first booster will be finished by the end of March, with the second due in April.”
The IHC Booster 895kW is a versatile and robust booster station that is equipped with state-of-the art technology and significantly improves the productivity of your dredger over longer pumping distances, IHC said.
“The option to adapt to pipelines ranging from 400 to 500mm enables your vessel to work across various dredging projects,” the company added.
- Cutter Special® pump combines high efficiency with a large ball passage to provide a high level of availability;
- self-supporting on land and water with air cooling, integrated fuel tank and no-flush pump seal (no additional water required);
- it can be transported as a 20’ high cube offshore container;
- certified according ISO 1496 and CSC (Container Safety Convention) for container shipping, and according to DNV 2.7-1 and EN 12079 for offshore transport and lifting.
- Total length – 6.69m;
- Total width – 2.77m;
- Total heigh – 3.36m;
- Container size for transport – 20’ high cube;
- Weigth – approx. 28,000kg;
- Pipe line diameter – 400-500mm;
- Total installed power – 895kW.
- Type – IHC HRCS 108-23-45, single-walled;
- Engine type – Caterpillar C32 TTA Acert;
- Heavy duty power – 895kW (1,800rpm);
- Specific fuel consumption – 205.9g/kWh;
- Ball passage – 225mm.