On March 20 and 21, 2017, Sarova Whitesands Hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, will host the African Ports Expansion Conference, an event aimed to discuss modernization of African ports and increasing cargo and freight capacity to handle more traffic.
Africa is experiencing a major surge in trade with growing volumes of cargo across its ports.
To keep up with the increase, government authorities across the continent are investment millions to increase its capacity.
With port development in Africa projected to grow strongly to meet this demand, new projects are being announced creating exceptional maritime business opportunities as ports strive to deliver world class service, facilities and efficiencies, the event organizers stated.
- Catherine Mturi-Wairi, Managing Director of Kenya Ports Authority;
- Karl-Xhanti Socikwa, Chief Executive Officer of Transnet Port Terminals, South Africa;
- Innocent Ogbuji, General Manager Commercial & Government Relations, West Africa Container Terminal Port Harcourt, Nigeria;
- Tesa Major, Port Representative, Port of Antwerp, Belgium;
- John Omingo, Head of Commercial Shipping, Kenya Maritime Authority.