USACE Awards Sunny Isles Beach Renourishment Contract

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Jacksonville District, awarded a $8.6 million contract on August 9 to Eastman Aggregate Enterprises, LLC of Lake Worth, Florida, for the Sunny Isles Beach shoreline renourishment project.

Under the contract, which is part of the Miami-Dade County Beach Erosion Control and Hurricane Protection Project, the contractor will renourish critically eroded shoreline in Sunny Isles Beach.

The federal project, led by the Corps, in partnership with Miami-Dade County, Sunny Isles Beach and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, is cost-shared between the federal government (62.7%), with the remaining 37.3% non-federal cost split by Miami-Dade County (50.89%) and the state of Florida (48.19%).

In 2017, Eastman Aggregate successfully completed the Miami Beach Hotspots beach renourishment, a federal project in partnership with Miami-Dade County. The feedback we received from residents, and city and county staff, was very positive, and we look forward to partnering with them again on the Sunny Isles Beach project,” said Laurel Reichold, Corps project manager. “Beach renourishment protects infrastructure from seasonal storms and hurricanes, supports the economy, preserves wildlife and promotes coastal resilience.

Construction is expected to begin by late October or early November, with completion scheduled for March 2018. The contractor will place approximately 140,000 cubic yards of beach-quality sand on critically eroded shoreline in Sunny Isles Beach.

Share this article

Follow Dredging Today

Events>

<< Dec 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
25 26 27 28 29 30 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 1 2 3 4 5

3rd International Congress Hydraulic Engineering Structures and Dredging

Russia’s leading maritime industry Media Group PortNews (www.portnews.ru) holds a traditional annual Congress “Hydraulic Engineering Structures and Dredging” in Moscow. 

The two-day Congress includes the 7th International Forum of Dredging Companies and the 3rd Technical Conference “Modern Solutions for Hydraulic Engineering”.

Infrastructure development is among the real sources of Russia’s economy growth. Construction of port facilities and new hydraulic engineering structures on the country’s inland waterways constitute an essential part of all infrastructure projects. It is important to take into account the best international practices to implement these projects effectively.

The program of the Congress will be devoted to the latest technologies for dredging and hydraulic engineering works. Speakers and delegates will refer to real projects to discuss specifics features of dredging works, as well as dedicated fleet and equipment involved.

To learn more about event, please, contact the organizing committee: snitko@portnews.ru

read more >

Jobs>

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of DredgingToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below....

apply

Dredging jobs in Abu Dhabi at NMDC

National Marine Dredging Company “NMDC” aims to be the largest dredging player in the Arab’s Gulf region...

apply

Looking to fill a job opening?

By advertising your job here, on the homepage of DredgingToday.com, you'll reach countless professionals in the sector. For more information, click below...

apply