The International Association of Dredging Companies’ (IADC) Seminar on Dredging and Land Reclamation will be held from October 2-6, 2017, at Grand Park City Hall in Singapore.
For (future) decision makers and their advisers in governments, port and harbor authorities, offshore companies and other organizations that have to execute dredging projects, the International Association of Dredging Companies organizes the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation.
Since 1993, IADC, often in co-operation with local technical universities, has provided a week-long seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries.
As is appropriate to a dynamic industry, the seminar program is continually updated. In addition to basic dredging methods, new equipment and techniques are explained at IADC seminars.
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.