The Congress ‘Hydraulic Engineering Structures and Dredging’, organized by Media Group PortNews, kicked off today in Moscow.
“We want to look more broadly at the industry, so we have planned to launch yet another event – a Congress dedicated to all aspects of the construction and operation of hydraulic engineering structures of water transport,” said the organizers.
A major part of Russia’s economy is driven by infrastructure development such as the construction of port facilities and hydraulic engineering structures. Therefore, the two-day program focuses on modern technologies for dredging and hydrotechnical works.
Speakers and delegates will also discuss international projects and the specifics of dredging works as well as the construction of specialized fleet and equipment.
Some of the topics to be covered at the event are:
- Review of dedicated fleet and equipment available for dredging and hydro technical works in the Russian Federation;
- Government contracts for dredging vessels for offshore areas, and inland waterways of the Russian Federation;
- Use of government support measures for building dredging equipment in Russia and dredgers scrapping subsidy programs;
- Equipment for hydro mechanical works;
- Alternative fuel-powered dredgers;
- Partnership of Russian and foreign companies in construction of dredging equipment at local yards of the Russian Federation;
- Robotic systems on dredgers, etc.
During the congress, more information on the following port development projects will be introduced:
- Passenger terminal project in the Kaliningrad Region;
- Coal terminal project in the Muchke Bay, Khabarovsk Territory;
- Shakhtersk port development project in Sakhalin;
- Project of a new deepwater port in Arkhangelsk;
- Projects of the Bagaevsky and Nizhny Novgorod hydraulic engineering complexes.
More info from Moscow will follow soon.