More Time for San Jacinto River Bidders

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Galveston District, officials have extended the advertisement for bid invitations for emergency dredging near the West Fork of the San Jacinto River with bidders now having until June 12, 2018.

The Corps contracting officers posted the announcement amendment on May 24, 2018 at Federal Business Opportunities website.

Many contractors submitted questions and a decision was made to allow more time for interested parties to finalize and refine their bid based on our responses,” said Jeff Neill, USACE Galveston District Contracting Chief.

Neill also said that the bids will be opened on June 12, 2018 at 2:00 p.m., local time.

In an effort to help bidders with their queries, we coordinated approval of the extension with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Texas Division of Emergency Management, Harris County Flood Control District and the City of Houston,” said Alicia Rea, a USACE Galveston District  Emergency Management Specialist.

Prior to the extension, Rea said that the opening was previously scheduled for May 29, 2018.

This is an important dredging project and we want to answer bidders’ questions and allow them reasonable time  to understand the scope of this emergency operation that will work to help mitigate flood risks,” said Rea.

 

Related news

List of related news articles