The Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MTCC) yesterday released the latest update on their Foakaidhoo Harbor development program.
First shipment of rock boulders required for breakwater construction was successfully delivered to the project site last week.
According to MTCC, dredging work on the new harbor basin is progressing well, with 58% completion so far.
The Sh. Foakiadhoo Harbor project includes:
- new harbor basin dredging operations – 39,995cbm;
- existing harbor basin dredging operations – 1800cbm;
- channel dredging operations – 4000cbm;
- construction of a 507m breakwater;
- a 100m revetment;
- a 464m quay wall;
- 2,320 sqm of paved area;
- installation of navigation lights and streetlights.
The value of the project is MVR 52.7 million ($3.4 million).