VIDEO: Corps’ Dredge Goetz Keeps Navigation Industry Moving
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, St. Paul District, Dredge Goetz crew is responsible for managing the 9-foot channel within the district’s boundaries from Minneapolis to Guttenberg, Iowa.
The Dredge Goetz characteristics:
– 225 feet long by 39 feet wide and eight feet deep, with a five-foot draft;
– 22-inch diameter suction pipe with a 20-inch diameter discharge-pipe;
– 4,010 total installed horsepower;
– not self-propelled, like the Dredge Thompson;
– no quarter/berthing facilities.
Dredging Today Staff, March 6, 2013