33,23 million tons of seaborne cargo were handled in Klaipeda Seaport within the period of January – December of 2013.
Although it was less by 5,4 pct. (or -1,92 mln tn.) comparing with the corresponding period of 2012, the long-term cargo handling tendencies obviously demonstrate the increase – this cargo handling result was the third result in the history of Klaipeda Seaport.
In 2013 the largest scale of investments to infrastructure were reached in Klaipeda Seaport and over 330 mln litas (preliminary data) have been already invested.
Here is the list of the key infrastructure programs in 2013:
– capital dredging and widening of navigation channel (127,3 mln litas);
– construction of infrastructure of passenger and cargo terminal (37,58 mln litas, the total sum – 103,998 mln litas);
– improvement of “Smelte” vessel turning circle adjusting it to accommodate gross – tonnage ships (containerships and etc) – capital dredging works (78,817 mln litas);
– reconstruction of quays No. 7 and No. 8 (15,88 mln litas);
– reconstruction of quays No. 90-96 (7,779 mln litas), other objects (62,6 mln litas).
Press Release, January 21, 2014