Winners of the ICE Civil Engineering Awards
The best civil engineering projects in the South East England were celebrated last Friday, 17th July 2015, at the ICE’s Regional awards ceremony in Westminster.
Winners of the evening included Network Rail’s Coastal Asset Management, which won the award for innovation, Reading Elevated Railway which received the Infrastructure award and Portsmouth Flood Alleviation Scheme which won the Community Benefit Award. Mumbles Pier and New Lifeboat Station works also won the Designed in South East Award.
The A23 Handcross to Warninglid Widening scheme secured the Greatest Contribution to the South East Award, the highest prize of the evening. Carillion Civil Engineering, the company behind the scheme, received the award for the £80 million project alongside the Highways Agency, Jacobs and Atkins.
The ICE South East England Award Winners
- Infrastructure Award – Reading Elevated Railway submitted by Network Rail;
- Special Award: Community Benefit – Portsmouth Flood Alleviation Scheme submitted by CH2M;
- Special Award: Innovation – Network Rail – An Innovative Approach to Coastal Asset Management submitted by JBA Consulting;
- Designed in the South East Award – Mumbles Pier and New Lifeboat Station submitted by Opus International Consultants;
- Excellence in Engineering Award – A23 Handcross to Warninglid Widening Works submitted by Carillion Civil Engineering.