International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation Starts
The International Association of Dredging Companies (IADC) will hold its International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation in Panama this week.
The IADC Seminar will be held from Monday, 11 April, through Friday, 15 April, 2016 in Panama at the Riu Plaza hotel.
Some of the most important dredging projects of the last decade have taken place in the Panama Canal and more projects and works are going on or being planned for the future.
Expectations are that by 2025 the expansion of the Panama Canal will triple its container traffic over the base year 2005.
That’s why OAS-CIP (the Organization of American States – the Inter-American Committee on Ports) – together with other interested parties – has asked IADC to organize its educational seminar for the first time in Panama.
The seminar topics will cover:
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.