Central Dredging Association’s Annual Report Published
The Central Dredging Association (CEDA) has just released its 2015 Annual Report which details their work over the previous year and highlights work related to the new initiatives.
“2015 has been another remarkable year. One in which we hosted a number of key events including Dredging Days, in Ahoy Rotterdam, and a WODA workshop on underwater sound, in Paris. The African Section experienced a revival in activities and held the very successful 6th International Symposium, in Morocco,” CEDA said.
“We were keen to ensure that our services to our members remained on track so we asked our Corporate Members what they thought of our efforts. Finally, to cap a very busy year, one president passed the leadership baton onto the next.”
Some notable achievements from the year include:
- Organizing an outstanding CEDA Dredging Days 2015 conference and exhibition, with two very successful new features, the interactive session and the Young CEDA pitch-talks;
- Presenting and discussing the latest knowledge on underwater sound in a WODA workshop in Paris;
- Publishing two important, closely related papers on adaptive management and environmental monitoring;
- Digitizing 13 CEDA Dredging Days and WODCON proceedings which were previously only available in print and making them available on the CEDA website;
- Successfully engaging students and young professionals in the industry in initiatives, led by Young CEDA, which included three meetings and an active presence at the CEDA Dredging Days.