Dredging and Land Reclamation Summit in Singapore
One of the world’s biggest dredging and land reclamation events will return to Singapore during the next week.
At the event, global maritime & land authorities, port operators and engineering contractors will gather to discuss latest developments in the industry.
“Equip Global’s 6th Dredging & Land Reclamation Asia Summit 2016 is a crucial hub to be had not only port operators, port authorities, but also urban development project managers to learn and share their practices in overcoming the unique challenges we face in Asian regions,” said Taco de Vries, Resident Project Manager, Urban Dredging Demonstration Project (UDDP).
During this 2nd-5th August show, best practices in dredging/reclamation techniques as well as exclusive panel discussion will share and define the key factors in managing dynamic risks associated with designing, managing and monitoring projects.
Key issues to be discussed:
- Waste management and beneficial reuses of dredged sediments;
- Integrated risk management in planning for dredging & reclamation project;
- Minimizing maintenance dredging and its environmental impacts on dredged area and surrounding area;
- Post-Reclamation projects: How to ensure quality of ground improvement works;
- Site investigation – common geotechnical and geophysical challenges and solutions to address;
- Considerations in selection of dredgers for different dredging projects;
- HSE technical compliance and technologies;
- Practical approach in maintenance of dredging equipment during downtime – factors to emphasize;
- Quality control and supervision during Dredging & Reclamation projects;
- Key Dredging & Land Reclamation projects updates – a global perspective.