Meetings Set on Bull Shoals Lake Shoreline Management Plan
The Army Corps of Engineers is hosting Bull Shoals Lake Shoreline Management Plan (SMP) scoping workshops from August 8-12 to share information about the update process and to collect public comments concerning shoreline activity around the lake.
At the public workshops, an informational overview on the shoreline management plan update process will be provided and representatives from the Corps of Engineers will answer questions from the public about the SMP or the process.
The meetings will also allow Corps personnel to gather information from other agencies, local residents and lake visitors.
Scoping comments on the SMP update are being taken now through September 2.
The Corps also announced a temporary halt to new shoreline use requests in April to facilitate the SMP revision process.
The workshops will be held at the following locations:
- August 8 from 4 p.m. to 7 p. m., Forsyth Public School, Forsyth, Missouri;
- August 9 from 4 p.m. to 7 p. m., Flippin Middle School, Flippin, Arkansas;
- August 10 from 4 p.m. to 7 p. m., Lutie School, Theodosia, Missouri;
- August 11 from 4 p.m. to 7 p. m., Arkansas State University Sheid Center, Mountain Home, Arkansas;
- August 12 from 4 p.m. to 7 p. m., North Arkansas Community College Center Campus, Harrison, Arkansas.