The Argentinian city of Buenos Aires is to host the Second Hemispheric Conference on Inland Ports, Waterways, and Dredging: Inland Transport as an Engine for Competitiveness on May 17-19, 2017.
The conference is aimed to provide an international platform for public/private dialogue on strategic actions and efficient logistics operations through waterways and their inland ports.
During the conferee, industry experts will have a chance to discuss the economic and environmental benefits of sustainable dredging for the development of the Western Hemisphere port sector.
Organized by the Under Secretariat of Ports and Waterways of Argentina (SSPYVN) the event will focus on the key aspects of inland transport, as well as efficient inland port operations and infrastructure, all in the context of increased competitiveness.
Decision-makers from public entities, industry experts, and representatives from the private sector will present successful practices in dredging, navigation, and inland transport, which will address the following topics:
- Facilitation of intra-regional trade through waterways;
- Inland ports as catalysts for efficient waterway logistics;
- The benefits of multimodal transportation;
- Inland transport safety and security;
- The competitive benefits of environmentally sustainable dredging.