Port of Klaipeda has announced the 2012 investment plan.
Top 10 of the largest planned investments in 2012:
1. Dredging and Widening of Port Navigation Channel
2. Construction of Passenger and Cargo Terminal Infrastructure
3. Repair of Access Roads to Multimodal Cargo Terminals in the Southern part of the Port. Reconstruction of Kairių street
4. Reconstruction of Quays No. 66 and 67. The II Construction Stage
5. Construction of Quays No. 90–96
6. Reconstruction of Quays No. 7 – 9. The I and the II Construction Stages
7. Construction of Confined Disposal Facility
8. Works on Developing of LNG Terminal Infrastructure
9. Preparation of Technical Documentation on Construction of Infrastructure and Dredging of Port Waters’ Territory of Marina of Sventoji
10. Laying of the Rail track to the Quay No. 144.
Klaipeda State Seaport is the northernmost ice–free port on the Eastern coast of the Baltic Sea. It is the most important and biggest Lithuanian transport hub, connecting sea, land and railway routes from East to West.
Dredging Today Staff, March 2, 2012; Image: portofklaipeda