Muscat Hosts ICEC 2015
The 5th International Conference on Estuaries and Coasts (ICEC), organized by Sultan Qaboos University, will take place on November 2-4, 2015 in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
The Middle East region is going through an era of rapid coastal development which may be attributed to the strategic location of this region. Usually such developments bring economic growth and pose environmental concerns at the same time.
This region has a diversity of sea grass beds, coral reefs, mangroves and salt marshes. Therefore, it is important to involve engineers and environmental professionals in the decision making process related to coastal and marine construction in order to minimize damage to the important ecosystems.
ICEC 2015 will serve as a venue for engineers, researchers and administrators from industry, academia and public agencies to discuss and exchange information on issues important to sustainable coastal development.
– Coastal erosion: measurements, modeling, management;
– Seawater quality: coastal and offshore pollution, measurements, modeling, solutions;
– Tsunami: field observations, numerical modeling, mitigation;
– Estuaries: water quality observations, modeling and effect on marine resources, mangrove rehabilitation;
– Integrated Coastal Zone Management: approaches, measures;
– Seawater intrusion: measurement, modeling, management;
– Social, economical and political problems involving coasts and estuaries.