HR Wallingford to Organize the Protections 2018 Conference
HR Wallingford has announced that the 3rd International Conference on Protection against Overtopping – the Protections 2018 – is set to take place from 6-8 June at the Lake District National Park.
The increasing demand for dam, levee and seawall safety and flood protection has prompted new research and advancements, and a greater need for cost-effective measures in overtopping protection as a solution for overtopping concerns at levees, dams and seawalls.
This conference will bring together the experts from practice, research, development, and implementation for two days of knowledge exchange followed by a technical tour of the Lake District including visits to some of local dams.
The conference will focus on:
- Critical issues related to levees, dams and seawalls;
- New developments and advanced tools;
- Overtopping protection systems;
- Overtopping simulators / test facilities;
- Overtopping failure mechanisms;
- System design and performance;
- Applications and innovative solutions;
- Case histories of overtopping events;
- Physical modelling techniques and recent studies;
- Numerical modelling methods.