Wright’s Creek Erosion Plan on the Table
- Business & Finance
The Mid-East Commission on behalf of Beaufort County, North Carolina, is soliciting proposals from engineering firms with experience in erosion control studies and mitigation plans to develop the “Wright’s Creek Erosion Plan”.
The purpose of this project is to evaluate the current shoreline erosion issue at the county owned Wright’s Creek park site and develop a plan that will address the issue and assist with mitigating future erosion.
“Current measures that were believed to assist in erosion prevention have not been successful. Therefore, the County would like to have the site evaluated and a report developed that can guide staff and elected officials in determining the necessary corrective actions to mitigate the erosion issues currently on the site,” according to their official release.
Services and Deliverables
- Evaluate the site to determine causes and factors contributing to shoreline erosion;
- Evaluate why past efforts to prevent/mitigate erosion were not successful;
- Propose future corrective measures to mitigate erosion;
- Presentation of report at a County Commissioner’s meeting.
- Planning document that can guide county staff and elected officials in making decisions regarding future projects, policies, and regulations to protect the shoreline.
Proposals should be submitted no later than August 19, 2019.